Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Every Trak Reviewed Part

Last but not least, is the DLC tracks that were added to the Wii U version. These are a mix of retro and new tracks and includes one of my favourite tracks of all time. Let’s get right to it.

 

Egg Cup –

 

Yoshi Circuit – Yoshi Circuit’s main gimmick is that it’s shaped like a Yoshi, which is fun but I think they could’ve made this track so much more than just the plain grassy island. I would have liked more references to the games but at the end of the day, it’s a fun track that has a decent layout. It really doesn’t change much from the original but I think a few changes could’ve gone a long way. Sorry Yoshi. 4/10 

 

 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

 

Excitebike Arena – At base level, this is a oval, but the stunts give this track such a badass feeling since it’s not complicated and just pure fun. I love the reference to excitebike and how true it stays to the original. I also love how the track changes every time you play, even if it’s not noticeable. 7/10

 Dragon Driftway – I love how they used Gobblegut as the base of this track, it’s a nice reference to Mario Galaxy 2. And boy oh boy, is this a fun one, it’s filled with twists and turns and utilises the anti gravity masterfully. I love the lighting and the Asian culture representation. Also, this is obviously a hint that Mario Galaxy 3 is coming soon so be on the look out for that. 8/10

 

 Dragon Driftway | Nintendo | Fandom

 

Mute City – To me, this is the second-best F-Zero track in the game, despite there only being 2 tracks in the game. I love the whole feel of the game and how it brings F Zero to life. I love the speed but I also think this track is a bit flat, it feels the same all around the track which is why I think this is second to the the other F Zero track, still a good one though. 6/10

 

Triforce Cup –

 

Wario’s Gold Mine – While the base of this map is still the same, they used the anti gravity excellently to make this map a lot more fun. Before, it felt a little off and never felt stable with the addition of minecarts hitting you. Now, it feels like a comfortable rollercoaster and the minecarts are actually boosts instead of obstacles. Also, the lighting and colours make this track feel modern compared to the Wii’s bland dusty look. 7/10

 

 Mario Kart 8: Wario's Gold Mine - YouTube

 

Rainbow Road (SNES) – I’m definitely not a fan of this map, it’s just so bland and flat. It definitely didn’t deserve to be remade again and not have much changed, especially with 2 other rainbow roads in the game. 2/10

Ice Ice Post – This is one of the more forgettable tracks in the game but whenever I play it, I have a fun time. It depends on the splits tracks which it uses fairly well. Nothing really much to same besides good job on making a bland course feel good. 6/10

Hyrule Circuit – I’m a bit torn on this track, overall the layout and design is great but I do feel like you can take the Zelda name out and it just feels like a generic castle map. I think it could’ve dived deeper into the Zelda map. But hey, maybe this is just a hint of when Nintendo releases Mario Kart All Stars. 6/10

 

 Welcome to Twitter - Login or Sign up

 

Crossing Cup –

 

Baby Park – Chaos, chaos, chaos is the actual name of this track. It’s just a tiny oval with just pure hell going on. I love this track and what it represents. There’s nothing really much there after that though. The theming of the track is amazing though with the details in the background just being amazing, hopefully Nintendo Land is as fun as this track. 5/10

Cheese Land – I personally love how they took a retro track that was flat and made it into a modern track. Now is this modern track good. I mean it’s ok I guess; nothing really stands out to me besides just all the cheese. I could make a cheese pun but I really don’t want to lose all my readers. 4/10

 

 Cheese Land | Mario Kart Racing Wiki | Fandom

 

Wild Woods – Wild Woods is an amazing track that uses anti gravity perfectly. The feeling of climbing a tree and then rushing through its center back to the start is amazing. This could seriously be a Pikmin track and I wouldn’t even blink twice. 9/10

 

 Wild Woods | Mario Kart Racing Wiki | Fandom

 

Animal Crossing –This one's pretty fun to drive through and honestly makes me wish the actual animal crossing games looked like this. I love how true this stays to the actual game and represents all the aspects of the game. Even the fact they change coins to bells really speaks to the level of detail this track has. 9/10

 

Bell Cup –

 

Neo Bowser City – Meh is all I have to say, to me, this is one of the harder tracks to race on which at least makes it somewhat unique. But the whole track layout just is empty with nothing really happening, also when did Bowser make Cyberpunk 2077 into a track. The continuity is non existent. 4/10

Ribbon Road – This is one of the cutest tracks since the theme is that a kid made this in their bedroom using their toys and ribbon. I love the design too with all the ribbons waving up and down. The whole track feels like a wholesome trip which I really enjoy. 8/10

 

 Wii U - Mario Kart 8 Ribbon Road Course Trailer (Official Trailer ...

 

Super Bell Subway – This has to be the least memorable track in the whole game, it’s a subway system that we race though except it doesn’t make any sense since the subway system is just a circle underneath a mall. It tries to be coconut mall but just fails, I also don’t like how random the subways are, it just never really clicks for me. 5/10

Big Blue – This is one of my favourite tracks of all time if you haven’t already figured out. The start to finish layout is incredible and takes you on a journey with such diverse designs. The one main constant throughout this track is speed whether it’s a bunch of boost panels or water pushing you downhill, it always feels fast. 10/10

 

 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Big Blue (Bell Cup) | Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ...

 

Thank you for letting me rate all of these tracks even though the rating is very inconsistent. Mario Kart honestly should just be a driving test, imagine how great our highways would look.

Comments

Popular Posts