My Game List III


The Wii was my initial console that got me into gaming which explains why I have Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, both winter and summer. Yeah, I wasn’t the brightest kid. So here’s all the games I’ve played on the Wii and why the Wii is the superior console (don’t tell people I said that). 

Wii –

Super Mario Galaxy – This is the cream of the crop for 3D platforming. Each level feels extremely unique and the graphics help create these incredible galaxies. The music is some of the best I’ve heard in a game and it actually has a story and a good story at that. This is the most cinematic that Mario has ever been and it payed. This game is basically the opposite of Fallout 76. 10/10

Super Mario Galaxy - The Cane and Rinse videogame podcast

Super Mario Galaxy 2 – This is basically Mario Galaxy but with the gameplay on crack, but in a good way. They crammed way more ideas, powerups and mechanics in this game and has in my opinion, the better level design. The one thing I can knock this game about is the lack of story like how Galaxy 1 did it. But since I actually played this game first, nostalgia wins. 10/10

Review: Brilliant Super Mario Galaxy 2 Is Full of Surprises | WIRED

Mario Kart Wii – This is the most basic Mario Kart you’ll ever get, nothing special about but that makes it the best and worst Mario Kart. Since it’s basic, anyone can pick it up but It just seems bland after a while. The only thing not bland about this game is the item balancing and it’s as random as 
Mario Party which makes it a good party game. I usually see more blue shells than red shells. 7.5/10

Mario Kart Wii - How to Dodge a Blue Shell - YouTube

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword – This might be a hot take but I actually like this game, it feels like one of the most laid-back Zelda’s honestly, which is the type of game I want. The art style is gorgeous, an excellent story and the music is bliss. I do think that a lot of this game doesn’t work, especially the map and controls. The motion controls honestly work better if you just swing it with the nun chuck. 8.5/10

Tribes of Skyward Sword: The Kikwi - Zelda Dungeon

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – I appreciate this dark type of Zelda game but that’s just not my type of game I like to play. I think objectively it’s better than Skyward Sword but I just didn’t really like it. I hated the wolf segments and the art style is the reason why I’m scared of the dark. Someone tell Nintendo to stick with the Wind Waker art style for my sake. 8/10

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Trailer Shows off ...

New Super Mario Bros Wii – Bland, Bland, Bland. The art style, music and gameplay is just so bland and boring. What saves this is the fact that it’s multiplayer, a Mario game and the level design is good as always. I just want 2D Mario to be something more. 6.5/10

New Super Mario Bros Wii Walkthrough - Part 1 - World 1 - YouTube

Mario & Sonic at the 2010 Olympics – Is this game good. No. Is this game worth the price. No. Is it fun Kind of, I guess. It’s a really fun minigame collection with a decent campaign that’s fun to play with friends for like 3 play sessions. It doesn’t look good or control good and doesn’t have that much content. It at least sounds good so I’ll give it that. 7/10

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games (Video Game 2009) - IMDb

Mario & Sonic at the 2012 Olympics – So basically this is the other one but it looks better with a shorter but better “campaign” that’s a lot more replay able. The minigames are cleaner but they’re also a lot less deep with simplistic gameplay. Thank god for smash or else this series would be the only Mario and Sonic crossover.

Trailer: Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games E3 2011 ...

Kirby’s Epic Yarn – A lot of people don’t like this game because it’s to casual but I enjoy this game a lot. It has an amazing cute art style with unique ideas. It’s definitely the most chill game I’ve ever played and the music is bliss. This is the only Kirby I actually like simply because it’s not a real Kirby game. 9/10

Grass Land (Kirby's Epic Yarn) | Kirby Wiki | Fandom

Super Smash Bros Brawl – Yet another Wii game people shit on but I enjoyed Brawl a lot. For one, it has the best single player options with the best cutscenes I’ve ever seen. Also, I like the art style when I was a kid even though it didn’t age well. Overall, brawl is still a really good game but not for the reason the series is popular for. But thank fucking god they added Snake, the most requested character. Oh and Sonic. 8.5/10

Smash Bros. Ultimate Announces A Special Brawl Tournament, Starts ...

Cars – So this is a weird one since it’s not very well known despite being based on the mediocre Owen Wilson movie, Cars. It’s actually a pretty decent game with a lot of stuff to do. The open world aspect of it was really cool with lots of detail that’s seen in the movie. The controls are a little stiff on the Wii but overall, a great game for a game that shouldn’t have been good. 8/10

Disney•Pixar Cars on Steam

Super Mario Sluggers – I don’t think that this game was worth the price but it’s still a very solid game that’s really fun to play. The cast of characters is something we’ve never seen before with a hefty campaign that’s both fun and crappy at the same time. Somehow, this game is better than most sports games that Nintendo’s’ made this gen which says a lot about how shit the other games are. 8/10

Mario Super Sluggers Review - Giant Bomb

Wii Sports – If you want to know what a Game of the Year looks like, you should play this game. It’s a perfect collection of mini games to show off motion controls AND it was free so what do you lose. I don’t need to explain why Wii Play is great because everyone should already know. 8/10

Wii Sports rises in popularity on resale sites due to coronavirus ...

Wii Play – So this was the mini game collection that everyone hated but still bought but I still think it’s a pretty decent game. Some of the mini games are legit solid even though they don’t have that depth Wii Sports had. But thank fucking god that they made a sequel or else I wouldn’t depressed for the rest of my life knowing that they didn’t make a sequel. 7/10

In Tanks! on Wii Play, the music changes to a more relaxing sound ...

 So those were all the games I’ve ever played. Except that’s a lie, there’s a lot more games I’ve played but didn’t include on the list because I haven’t played enough of it so here’s a list of the games that I’ve played but not listed yet:

7 Days to Die
Crypt of the Necro Dancer
Enter the Gungeon
Ni No Kuni
Super Mario Bros 2
GRIS
Pokémon Café Mix
GTA San Andreas
Okami HD
Overcooked 2
Gold Story
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary Remake
Don’t Starver Together
Mario Party 8
Planet Coaster

Now remember, because I’ve talked about these games and made a tiny review for them doesn’t mean I won’t review them in the future because there are some games that I have a lot to talk about like Night in the Woods and Mario Galaxy so expect those in the future. Anyways, that’s the end of this 3 part series. I hope that you liked the lists and comment if you’ve played any of these games. If I’ve learned anything from making this list, is that I’m such a fucking Nintendo nerd.

Comments

Popular Posts