My Game List II


After the handhelds, I wanted to talk the game’s I’ve played on the Switch, the console that doesn’t know what it wants it to be, just like me. Within the short time I’ve had a switch, it’s completely immersed me into gaming and I’ve played more games than I’ve ever played from AAA games to indie games.

Switch –

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – It’s a great Mario Kart just like all the other Mario Kart’s except it actually looks good. The graphics in this game compared to a game like Mario Kart Wii is like comparing Chris Hemsworth to me. I do think that it could benefit from a better single player option since I haven’t put as many hours into this game as I wanted. Nothing will ever live up to Diddy Kong Racing. 8.5/10

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Nintendo Switch HACPAABPA - Best Buy

Splatoon 2 – I fell in love with this game for about a year before I just completely fell off. The base gameplay is so incredible that I can over look the fact that the online doesn’t work. That’s a bit harsh but it’s not the best online I’ve seen but still better than most of Nintendo games. Splatoon is the only shooter I’ve actually enjoyed in my life. If anyone wants more Splatoon content, rule 34 has got you 
covered. 9.5/10

Splatoon 2 Version 5.2.1 Update Patch Notes - Nintendo Life

Breath of the Wild – It’s incredible that my favourite Zelda game is the Zelda game that people say is the least like Zelda. The exploration, art style and atmosphere of this game Is beyond any game I’ve ever played. I sometimes play Breath of the Wild just to walk around and admire the landscapes. My only problem is that I feel like the first line of the game “Open your eyes” is kinda racist towards Asians. 10/10

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Trailer Hints at New Game ...

Super Mario Odyssey – So people may hate me for this tiny review, but despite enjoying Odyssey, I don’t think it’s the perfect game many people make it out to be. After a while, it just felt like a chore to find every moon and I personally prefer the Galaxy formula for 3D Mario. I’m happy for the people that like sandbox Mario but I just had no incentive to continue the game after I got 666 moons. 8.5/10

Super Mario Odyssey - EBGames.ca

Pokémon Sword – Bad, Bad, Bad, actually OK. Terrible graphics, writing, pacing, characters but because it was a Pokémon game, it was still OK. Just watch the anime if you want your fill of Pokémon. 6.5/10

Pokemon Sword and Shield Review: The Promising Dawn of a New ...

Fire Emblem: Three House – My first fire emblem after hearing the smash community absolutely shit on this series for having to many characters in smash but turns out that most people in that community are pedos. I actually really enjoyed this game from it’s gameplay to story and compelling writing and characters. Any one that doesn’t like Lysithea is dead to me. 9/10

Fire Emblem: Three Houses recruitment guide: How to recruit the ...

Animal Crossing New Horizons – This game has been a blessing during a time where everything around us is crumbling. I do have a couple of issues with the multiplayer/online but overall, this game is incredible. My favourite part is the creativity is cranked up to 11, where it’s like New Leaf but you can make your town into anything. For example, I turned my town into a gnome cult. Don’t ask. 9/10

26 Surprising Tips to Master 'Animal Crossing: New Horizons' | WIRED

Celeste – I’m not the biggest 2D platformer fan, in fact I hate most of them, but Celeste has been incredible in terms of both story and gameplay. It genuinely feels like a challenge and every time I completed a level, it felt like I made an actual accomplishment, something I’ve never been able to do in real life. 9.5/10

Save 50% on Celeste on Steam

Night In The Woods – If you like a good story that has humour, charm, sadness and anger, you’ll love Night in the Woods. The game has some of the best characters in a game where each one feels fleshed out and the game handles the themes of depression and economic disparity very well. This is the only game I’ll ever recommend solely based on the story and I’m the type of person that enjoys Mario Galaxy’s story so you know you can trust me. 9.5/10

Night in the Woods for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

Stardew Valley – One of the most relaxing and stressful games at the same time. I love how the game lets you choose what you want to do whether if you want to fish, farm or mine. It’s a hard game to jump back into but I’ve played it through like 3 times and enjoyed it every time. Can we also talk about how this game is like 15$ with like hundreds of hours of gameplay when some AAA games has like one hour of quality content. 9/10

Stardew Valley

Tetris 99 – Yes. It’s tetris. Yes. It’s a battle royale. Yes. It’s the GOAT of GOATs. 9/10

Review: Tetris 99 (Switch) « Nintendojo

Ha, I tricked you, you thought I was going to only talk the Switch but I also have a PC that can play games at 10 FPS and can make AAA games look like pixel art.
 PC –

Hitman 1&2 – Basically one game together so I’ll put them together. I have to say, the level design in this game is top notch with some of the best sandbox levels in video games. I will say, I preferred Hitman 1 maps way more than the second one but that doesn’t change the fact that the gameplay is top notch. The fact that I can slap someone in the face with a fish shows that this game is the best of the best. 9/10

Hitman 2 Tips - Locations, Controls, Legacy Pack | USgamer

Stardew Valley – See the above review but with better control scheme.

Sims 4 – It’s a decent game that you can sink a lot of hours into but after a while, I just want to drown everyone. The gameplay is pretty basic and I enjoyed what I got out of it. But I didn’t really appreciate how the DLC packs cost like 50$ when there’s literally like 20 DLC packs. Nice going EA. 7.5/10

It's Time To Talk About How Much I Play 'The Sims 4'

Cuphead – God this game is infuriating but at least it looks amazing. If you want to know what quality animation in video game looks like, play Cuphead but watch out, you might want to kill yourself after. I’m not the biggest fan of the gameplay since I don’t like how it feels unfairly difficult compared to games like Celeste that are hard but fair. 8/10

Cuphead & DLC For Xbox One | Xbox

Sonic Generations – The only good 3D sonic game they made in a while. It looks great and sounds great, it’s a short experience but does enough right to be enjoyable. This was also before the sonic franchise did whatever Sonic Forces or Lost Worlds was so I at least had some respect for sonic at that moment. 8/10

Buy Sonic Generations - Microsoft Store en-CA

Death Road to Canada – I actually love this game, I can’t explain why but if you played this game, it con be incredibly addicting and rewarding. It has a lot of charm and difficulty which I appreciate. I also like how the more you play the game, the most confused you get which is an aspect of the game that other games should incorporate. 8.5/10

Death Road to Canada for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

Minecraft – It’s Minecraft. What do you think? 9/10

Minecraft for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

So those are the games I’ve played on Switch and my crappy laptop, I hope that I didn’t offend anyone by giving Pokémon Sword a to high of a score or by giving Pokémon Sword a to low of a score. I don’t know how to please the Pokémon fans. Next time I’ll talk about the console that is the definition of sex. Yes, the Wii.

Comments

Popular Posts